Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday

Today was our first shoot. I came in early to get ready for the 11:00 shoot. Everything seemed to be in working order, the camera was all charged, the mics had new batteries put in to them. Everything was in shape. This meant that I was stuck not doing much for a while. While waiting for Andrew to show up, another freelancer, Shawn, came in to do his paperwork. We told him about the shoot we were doing, and since he was done with school, he asked if he could come along. We could always use extra people, so we told him sure. He had a camera, but it was at home and 11:00 was approaching fast, so we told him to meet us there. In the mean time, Andrew arrived and we headed over to Bernadette's brother's electronics repair shop, Pro-Tec Electronics. We had already agreed that I would be the spokesperson and Andrew would be camera guy, but Shawn didn't really know what we were doing, so we told him to be the B camera (the camera that shoots extra footage). While we were waiting for Shawn to arrive, I went over the contracts and releases with the owners, posting signs to let the public know that we were filming, and generally getting ready. I showed the shooting outline to the owners and let them decide what to say. Once we actually started shooting, Jim, one of the owners, pretty much covered everything I was going to ask without me asking, so I had some trouble coming up with extra questions. Also it was my first time in front of the camera, so I was a bit nervous. I think it went pretty well, but we'll have to see when I edit it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment