Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 11, 2012
               Today during the morning portion of my senior project I started a game that I plan to present to the class early next week. I created a math worksheet consisting of graphing, problem solving, multiple choice questions and some logical thinking problems. Each student will receive a worksheet that contains 9 questions and possibly a bonus question. I plan to hand out these worksheets to the students and explain to them the rules as followed: they are not allowed to ask any teachers questions on how to do the problems, because they are based off of problems that they have previously done. However, the children may seek help from their peers if they are stuck on a problem. As a group they are allowed to miss 12 point’s altogether, which means about two mistakes per worksheet. The only assistance that the children are allowed to be given is with reading. I am allowed to read to them the questions and answer any reassuring reading questions that they may have. If all the children complete the worksheet without breaking any of the rules they will receive a pizza party at the end of the process. I also plan to do this same activity with the first grade class that I started off working with, however, it will be at their level of math and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment