Monday, May 28, 2012

Friday was the day in which I gave my 4th grade class their pizza party for completing their math worksheet and each of them getting it mostly correct. The children were so excited when they saw that I had pizza and Sunny D set up for them when they came in after recess for lunch. They all thanked me for my generosity and gave me big hugs. Each child was able to have 3 pieces of pizza and were well satisfied. After their pizza party I got a very different experience but it was also a notible one, because I was able to work with the entire 4th grade class. This was different because though I work with the 4th graders all day I don't spend much time with their general classrooms. I was able to meet more of the children and though they were introduced to me a couple weeks ago they really got to work with me one on one and see who I really am and what I was about. They worked on a project for the trip that they are going on this week to Stone Lab. It is a science based trip where the children will be able to take multiple Ferry Rides across Lake Erie and stay in cabins on one of the many Lake Erie Islands. The project for this day was for the children to find a fish, animal, or wild flower that they were studying and create a name from it for their group as well as a catchey saying. Above is a video of a group of boys who mad their group from the Bald Eagle and they were willing enough to perform it though they didn't practice it much.

No comments:

Post a Comment