Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 22, 2012
 This day was had to do a lot with the 4th graders taking responsibilty for their actions and self-discipline. I learned on this day that though it is good to connect with the kids on a personal level that there are times when you have to crack down and be serious. I noticed that the little girl I worked with everyday had been asking me everyday to go to the bathroom and when I would allow her to go she would stay in the bathroom for long drawn out periods of time. On this day I went behind her into the bathroom without her knowing just because I knew something wasn't right about her staying in the bathroom for so long. I learned that day that she had just being going into the bathroom to talk to friends for a long period of time. When she came out she noticed that I was standing in the hallway and I explained to her that I trusted her to go to the bathroom and come right back and she didn't do as she was told. I also let her know that I wasn't happy with her just playing around in the bathroom and that she needs to follow directions and she replied to me, "Ms. Pronty you're getting mean your acting like a teacher." Though that kind of hurt me inside and I wanted her to like me, I understood at this moment that it wasn't about her liking me it was about her respecting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment