Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 10, 2012
            Today I worked once again with the 4th grade class. We only got to work on math today and some science which also incorporated some reading. Today was the day that I could easily distinguish the children who were up to their academic level as 4th graders moving on to 5th grade and those who weren’t as distinguished in these areas. Ms. Lorber was working with a different group of children with reading testing so she instructed me to work on math with her class. We studied time by playing time Bingo. I go a chance to see those who understood the correct way to read time and those who didn’t have a clue. There were points in time where I couldn’t even get some of the children to just sit and study their bored and use logic to find times as simple as 3:30. During these moments, however, was when I would have to pause the game and break down the idea of reading time. This not only gave me insight on how each child learned, but it also allowed me to connect with them on a personal level. After making sure each student understood the basics of how to tell time we played three rounds of Bingo in which I informed them that whoever won the game of Bingo would get a special prize; the candy of their choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment