Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hawken Farm week two: monday/tuesday

The weather on monday and tuesday was very wet and stormy, because of this we were not able to get a lot done in the garden outside or on the chicken coup. Allie, Stuart and Liam all had AP tests in one of the sessions during monday and tuesday. From this, I had to do a lot on my own. On monday i spent the morning designing a plan for a bench trellis that will also serve as an entrance for the garden when it is completed. I looked up designs of it but I couldn't find one I liked. I searched for images to give me a range of ideas for a design and then I took a little from each of the pictures in order to create my own design. I then carefully went through the design in order to make a detailed materials list. The total expenses for the bench trellis came out to be around $138. In the afternoon, I went and talked to Ms. Wiggens about the seed labels for the Hawken farm seed packets. This turned out to be a very long and tedious process. I had to transfer an image from a pdf file into a word template and then copy and center the image 10 times on one sheet. Then i repeated this process for 51 other seed labels. After I was finished, I sent all the templates to Mrs. Wiggens so she could print them out in color. These labels will allow us to sell seeds and raise money for the Hawken Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment