Sunday, May 20, 2012

Link to Hawken Farm photos

I uploaded all the photos I had from my phone into a Facebook Album. The album is public so anyone should be able to see it. 

Here is the link: 
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150974402704715.484076.566364714&type=1

On wensday morning, I assembled the bench trellis with Liam. We used his car to make three trips to the wood shop to transfer the 3 pieces of the bench trellis. We then propped up the sides onto the fence posts and set the top piece and attached them with wood brackets so that it would be a free forming structure. This took up the entire morning. After we assembled it, we took measurements for the gate so that we could finish that later. On wensday afternoon, I took an AP Stat exam. On thursday morning, I finished the gate and then attached it. Then we went and visited the Case Western Reserve Farm on Fairmont road. This was a really cool experience because their farm is on a much bigger scale and they have a lot more resources than we do. It was cool to see all the stuff they did with the greenhouses, the bee hives and the irrigation systems in the land plots. On friday, I called various garden centers about quotes for wood chips and I designed an irrigation system for the garden so that we can start planting next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment