Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 9, 2012
Today at Gearity I was in the 4th grade classroom with my previous 2nd grade teacher Ms. Lorber. I was working with the children with learning disabilities with their math and their reading. During the beginning of the day we started with the math portion of our day in which I got a chance to really dive back into fourth grade math. My teacher told me to work on with one little girl who had A.D.H.D and struggled a lot with paying attention to her work if someone wasn’t sitting right next to her helping her through every single step. There were many points during this lesson where she would moan and groan saying that it was too hard and she did not want to complete her work because she, “didn’t know how to read”. I also started to notice a pattern where she would get ask to go to the bathroom several times during the day, or to go and get water and she would take a long period of time doing so. At one point I found her in the bathroom crying saying that her head her, when I asked her if she would like me to ask her teacher if she could go to the nurse she said yes. When I was leaving the bathroom her friend walked in after me and I overheard her saying that she just didn’t want to be in school so she was going to go home “sick”.

No comments:

Post a Comment