Sunday, May 13, 2012

Finally home!

On Thursday, my last training day in Denmark, I had two practices just like the first week. Yet this time not only was the weather terrible both practices were very hard. In the morning, we had to do a fitness drill and go straight into a shooting drill. This drill really allowed me and the rest of the players to realize the difficulty of being able to do routine things when we’re tired. That being said, I enjoyed the challenge that the coaches presented us with. In the afternoon, the team had a fitness test, which took up most of practice in a very windy and cold afternoon. After training, I said goodbye to all the guys and talked for a few minutes with the head coach Jens, he told me that he was happy with the way I performed and that I would be welcomed to come train again with the possibility of even training with the professional team, or as they call it in Denmark "the A team". I was really happy with the invitation and the feedback that I got. Later that day, I got together with most of family to say goodbye before I would be heading home on a 8 hour flight. Friday was a long and stressful day and I didn't get home until around 11. Although it was a long day I'm happy to be home and now I'm excited to take a look at the footage I have and edit it to create a movie! 

1 comment: