Wednesday, May 16, 2012

March 16, 2012

Yesterday I helped out once again in the Ms. Lorbers 4th grade classroom. We started off the day once again with math. Ms.Lorber marked multiple pages inside each of the childrens books and they were to work individually in order to finish them. The questions consist of working with money using addition and subtraction, as well as story problems. I circulated throughout the room and helped the children if they had questions while Ms. Lorber did reading and comprehension testing in the back of the room. One thing that surprised me yesterday was that there is one girl in particular who I always work with during every activity, because her A.D.H.D makes her extremely dependent on others. Yesterday however, she asked if she could work by herself and to my surprise she finished her work before all the other children with little distractions and her work was done well. During lunch time my teacher gave me the opportunity to look at some work that the children did earlier this year in order for me to see their improvement. One boy in particular who she has been working with for two years now tested 50% last year on a beginners first grade reading passage with much frustration and dependency. She then showed me his reading level today and he recently test 98% independent in his own grade level reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment